Trillium’s Eczema Prevention and Treatment Protocol
Trillium's OGbaby Really Fragrance Free is designed to nurture and enhance the development of dermal barrier function. Trillium Organics Fragrance Free products are designed to cleanse moisturize and protect the skin using fresh organic emollients and potent botanicals without adding any transdermal toxins.
- Our soapless cleanser dubbed by my son Max “The Tubby Rubby” is an oat chamomile and calendula washbag that soothes and cools an angry rash in the hot, itchy onset days. Use it in the cool tub, and beyond. If the rash is particularly itchy, you can take the moist bags of oats with you into your day, and when the itch begs you to scratch, instead of damaging the skin further and possibly spreading the rash with your fingernails, rub the moist bag over the skin. The itch is soothed, and the skin is further protected. It can be a life saver, and reduce the duration of a flare up by days.
- The most important step, OGbaby Moisture Oil is primarily made from Organic Sunflower Oil. Sunflower Oil has been identified as the most effective oil in the promotion of dermal barrier function in infants. When Eczema is recurring, the barrier function of the skin can be compromised and need to be rebuilt. Organic Moisture Oil will help greatly to recreate the healthy function of the damaged skin.
- OGbaby Barrier Balm is the humectant protectant to use until your skin is balanced and functioning properly without any extra help. When the rash is sill visible, apply Barrier Balm o the affected area immediately after cleansing, in the bath or shower. It locks in the hydration, and puts a breathable but durable layer of protection over the rash. Keeping he area moist and supple with greatly reduce the duration of the rash.
- Trillium Organics Body Polish may be over stimulating for an eczema rash in the early onset days. However, it can be just the ticket for an itchy rash. Once the rash is in remission, the red has faded to pink, he rash is covered with a haze of dry crusty skin, gentle exfoliation of dry dead skin cells is required. Organic Body Polish (fragrance free, lavender lavandin, or lavender geranium) is the substance that will bring the skin back to life. Gently exfoliating while working healing emollients into the skin will bring the skin back to itself.
Other helpful lifestyle choices that will support your healthy skin
· Do not linger in hot baths or showers for too long.
· Be sure to cover skin with Organic Moisture Oil or Organic Body Oil before the water dries when you are finished bathing.
· Eczema can commonly be caused by food allergies, try an elimination diet, removing the most potentially allergenic foods first, dairy, gluten, nuts (especially peanuts) and soy. Live without them for two weeks, and then slowly add one food back in a time and watch what happens. This will tell you which if any foods are causing problems.
· Consider installing a water filter on your showerhead. Municipal water supplies are treated with chlorine, which can cause and exacerbate eczema.
· Eat Organic! Food additives, such as hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and synthetic preservatives and dyes can all damage the immune system and inhibit proper assimilation and digestion. Pseudo food isn’t allowed in Certified Organic Foods, so load up on organic veggies and fruits!
· Use no synthetic fragrance. Fragrances are full of petrochemically processed toxins which can be irritating and imbalancing. Some soothing essential oils may be used, but nothing citrus, heating, or stimulating. Chamomile, and Lavender are both fine choices, if you really want to use a scented product, try Trillium’s Lavender Lavandin, mmmmm..!
· Avoid all conventional body washes, “soaps” or lotions. They are generally full of irritating substances that could be causing the problem. That list includes steroid creams given by dermatologists to treat the eczema At Trillium, we believe that synthetic preservatives in body wash and lotion are responsible for the widespread breakdown of the barrier function of the skin. Preservatives such as parabens or phenoxyethanol are broad spectrum anti microbials. Our skin is host to a plethora of microbes which are beneficial to healthy dermal functions which include the barrier function. Applying synthetically preserved lotions to the skin is analogous to dosing your gut with antibiotics. Only the most aggressive microbes survive, and they have a lot of unoccupied surface area to inhabit. It creates an unhealthy imbalance of the skin, which results in unhealthy skin function, and ultimately pathology, such as rashes and eczema. (they don’t work anyway, and the side effects are dangerous).
Eczema is increasingly common from infancy through adulthood. Raised, red, patches in the creases of the elbow, behind the knees, hands, behind the ears and more. Improper dermal barrier function has been cited as one cause of the condition.
At Trillium Organics, we use no synthetic preservatives; rather, we have developed products using fresh Organic emollients and fresh water. Since there is no known "cure" for the condition, prevention and ongoing natural care is the best answer.
One satisfied customer reports.. .
"The Body Polish has helped with my son's eczema, Its the only thing that works for his skin, I love it and use it on my entire family.!" D. Peebles, California
ABOUT ECZEMA: watch a video
Hi! I'd love to send you my FREE Safe Cosmetics Shopping Guide!